Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Back to School

I started back to school yesterday.  I am excited and nervous.  I really need to do well this semester because of the problems I am having with financial aid.  I failed math last semester and that completely screwed me up.  I am not sure if I am even going to get aid this semester.  I had to drop one class because my appeal has still not been reviewed.  Until it is I won't get any money.  Plus because I am taking Algebra (again) and English 1, both 5 unit classes, coupled with the amount of time involved in the Financial Accounting class, I didn't think I should take anymore than that.  I really need to be able to focus this time around in math and I need all the extra time I can get!!!
Back to financial aid.  What is going on really pisses me off.  The whole reason for the original probation is becasue 21 years ago I got W's is 5 classes.  I had completed one semester with 3 A's and one B.  Then I got a full time job and had to quit going, however being young and not looking to the future, I did not properly drop the classes.  Instead they droped me and they all show up as W's.  The thing that pisses me off, though, is the fact that I was NOT receiving financial aid at the time.  I was paying for it myself.  I donot think that something I did 21 years while NOT ON financial aid should have this big of an impact on what I am doing now.  Also, this is my third semester back.  I have gotten 11 A's out of 12 classes.  But because of the W's and the one class I failed I am having to jump through ridicoulus hoops.  Somehow it just does not seem right.  Especially when I here people (and have even had people tell me) talking about how they work the system so they can get the maximum amount with the lease possible work.  I am working my ass off to get good grades.  I know life isn't fair, I get that, but it just doesn't seem right.
Anyhow, I am just hoping that I get the money by the 30th of this month so that I can get my teeth started.  What to be able to get a part time job this summer and cannot do it until dental work is done.  Say a prayer.
Be back later and let you know how my first week went!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment