Total Pageviews

Friday, November 15, 2013

Almost Finished

It is time to start writing again.  I have been away from my blog for a bit.  School has been crazy the last couple of semesters.  I am in the home stretch now, though.  I have four weeks left in this semester and then the big one.  I am taking six classes next semester.  The second half of Intermediate Algebra, Managerial Accounting, Geography, a music course (requirement for my general ed. courses) Life Fitness (requirement for my general ed. courses) and English 1B.  17 units, yipesssss!!!
That semester starts Jan. 6, 2014.  I don't think I will have much time to write then.  So I figured since someday (hopefully a long time from now) this blog will be what I leave behind I should write. 
I love school.  This semester, Fall 2013, is one of the hardest I have had.  The funny thing is that I am doing best in Math.  I am also doing very well in QuickBooks.  I am struggling in Computer Applications and Business English.  But overall I think I am doing okay.  I am a little scared about next semester because of the number of units.  I know Managerial Accounting and English 1B are going to be EXTREMELY challenging.  I am unsure about geography and the music course.  Hopefully I will now in the first couple of weeks if it is too much.  That way I can drop one or two classes and take them in the summer.
I am scared about looking for a job.  I understand now why my brother, at one point, kind of made a career out of going to school.  It is at least as hard a job, but much more satisfying, and as long as you do the work and keep your grades up, it is a guaranteed position.
Oh how I wish I had not quit school all those years ago.  Of course I had (what I thought)  were good reasons.  But looking back, I now know I should have struggled through.  I would have been so much further in my life.
And yet, with only a few exceptions, I don't regret the choices I made.  I truly believe I am a better person because of them.  Although I have to admit sometimes the lessons learned were painful.
Anyhow, I am going to try to start writing again for at least a few minutes 4-5 times a week.  So let me know what you think.
See you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment